Monday, June 11, 2007
spider-cali-band-a-listic-expiallidocious!


So some cool and not-so-cool things have been happening to me since my last post. Here's an example of something not-so-cool: Yesterday, I backed my new car into a pole!! #!$!@&! Gah! Gah! It's official: I.Am.A.Total.Idiot. I've been driving since I was 16 years old and this has got to be a first. I was pulling out of a parking spot and heard a big *thump!* I honestly did not see the huge-ass wooden pole behind me! Now, there are a bunch of tiny white scratches on the left side of my bumper. I tried to wax it off last night, but alas, the evidence is still there. Well, on the bright side, there is no dent! *sheepish grin*

So here's some cool goings-on in my life since my last post:
  • The hubs and I went to movies for the first time post-baby: We went to see Spiderman 3 on IMAX no less! We had a lunch date the day after our anniversary. We went to eat at Legal Seafoods (no fancy dinner at Bouley like our first anniversary) and then caught the flick. It was a great day --the movie wasn't an A+ but it was still entertaining to me. I can go on and on about how the storyline sucked (I've read my fair share of comic books), but that's a different post altogether. I'm just happy to watch a movie with the hubs! He knows I like going to the movies and that's something we can't do anymore post-baby unless there's some strategic planning involved.

  • I'm going back to Cali: San Francisco, to be precise! We're going there for a wedding (wedding number 3 of 7!) and decided just to make a whole holiday out of it. I'll be gone July 6 - July 10th and will be celebrating my 31st birthday over there. It should be fun! The one and only time I went to San Fran was back when I was 14 years old; the only things I remember are going to Chinatown, driving down that crooked road, and my little brother getting chicken pox. This time, I'll definitely take advantage of what San Fran has to offer. The best part is that my friend Karen will be meeting me up there!

  • A label is interested in my band! My bandmates and I are so excited because this label "expressed interest" in our band and is inviting us to go play for them. It's an indie label, but a label nonetheless and kind of a big deal for us! Perhaps my dream of becoming a rock star may come true after all *claps-hands-in-glee*...and if that doesn't work...
  • We're entering American Idol: The Band! We just recorded a show we did last night and we'll be sending our audition tape to them. Wish us luck!
And last but not the least...


  • I'm moving! *wink-wink* You'll definitely find out more details in just a couple of days ...so please check back here! Update: Here's a hint...I won't be packing any bags!

  • In the meantime, I'll leave you with a picture:

    Why you shouldn't let your mom cut your hair
    bad hair day

    Labels: , ,

    POSTED BY KAT AT 6/11/2007 10:40:00 AM |



    20 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the suspense is killing me...where are you moving?!

    6/12/2007 12:01:00 AM  
    Blogger KAI said...

    Post baby? Woah, long time coming! Did you enjoy the movie? Peeps say it's the worst of the trilogy. :?

    Oh gee, thought you were going back to Cali for good. That'd blow, haha!

    YAY for both Idol and the label! Please don't forget me, our White Castles, and Sonics, when you become famous. Promise me, Kat!!

    And where are you moving?? Austin?? Finally?? Tell me!! Haha. Sorry, but you and Plastiq TOTALLY fit here! :D

    6/12/2007 03:37:00 AM  
    Blogger kala said...

    It was only a matter of time before you guys would be picked up by a label. I can't take the excitement. I might try to be in NYC this December. I want my t-shirt!!!!

    6/12/2007 10:19:00 AM  
    Blogger kat said...

    Jules: it's a local move.. to a new domain! =)

    Kai: yeah, first movie together, can you believe it? i liked Spiderman 3 even though the critics (and friends) lambasted it. i thought it was campy and entertaining... as for the move: i'm not going anywhere unfortunately. but i am moving out of blogger and will no longer be a blogspot blog! hee-hee! and thanks for the encouragement re: the band. don't worry. i won't forget you!

    Kala!:you are just too cool! thanks for the support always! you'll be the first one we give a shirt to, i promise!

    6/12/2007 10:41:00 AM  
    Blogger Patricia said...

    I love the expression on Jakey's face. It's like he's in that commercial saying, "WhassAAAAAAAAAP??"

    6/12/2007 11:27:00 AM  
    Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

    i know where you're going *wink wink*. people will have to pay me to get this info, haha!

    una muna, why do have so much not-so-good luck with your car lately?? at least walang dent :D

    second, i love rsb's hair, haha! totally punk!

    pang-tatlo, wow, you're aiming for mainstream na pala. gusto ko din ng shirt ha? because i know your band will really really make it big someday! :)

    btw, may AI band pala? i'm sure pasok kayo dun. sige i have free texting so, if ever you make it there, i will be voting for your band til my digits bleed. :)

    6/12/2007 11:36:00 AM  
    Blogger Christianne said...

    Congrats on this fantastic once-in-a-lifetime event!!! I mean going to the movies, not the great news about the band, although those things are exciting too, haha. I'm more psyched that you and hubs got to go out!

    We saw Spidey too and the movie wasn't perfect but I liked it a lot. Tawang-tawa kami sa sayaw ni Tobey Maguire. But then again, maybe we were too excited about actually being on a date that any sucky movie would have seemed good (I almost pinched myself, couldn't believe I was in an actual moviehouse again haha)

    On RSB's haircut, I bet that's more his fault than yours. Our little ones just won't sit still while their Mommas cut their hair huh?

    6/12/2007 04:58:00 PM  
    Blogger G. said...

    *gasp*

    what have you done???

    we gave mark such hard time when he gave jacobus a haircut.. and now, you!

    this is sooo going to outlive you.

    (and cool thing about the label and american idol. hope you guys make it to both!)

    6/12/2007 10:50:00 PM  
    Blogger Cat said...

    Ohmygosh! AI: The Band?!

    You gotta blog about it.. like if you got chosen or what so I can watch American Idol at midnight on this side of the world!!!

    Goodluck!!! I'm so excited for you!

    6/13/2007 12:59:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what great news! your band is definitely moving forward.

    are you moving to another blog site?

    6/13/2007 08:50:00 PM  
    Blogger kmargrett said...

    i knew it was going to be to a new domain! ;P

    congratulations on the label being interested in your band! how exciting!

    p.s. that picture of jake is so adorable.. even with the new cut ;D hehe

    take care, kat!

    6/13/2007 11:09:00 PM  
    Blogger Mec said...

    where have you moved already??? :p

    6/14/2007 11:19:00 PM  
    Blogger Leensworld said...

    Have fun when ya'll are out here. SF weather is always nicer than the rest of the bay. =)

    Congrats on the interest! Good luck! =)

    6/15/2007 02:12:00 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    rsb is really cute!! his smile is contagious!

    goodluck on AI....i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    and...happy (belated) anniversary!

    6/15/2007 02:52:00 AM  
    Blogger Alternati said...

    THAT.IS.SOOO.COOL!

    I totally agree with Kat, free backstage passes whenever, right? :)

    I haven't heard of AI: The Band yet. Good luck! Hope you guys get picked to be on it, Was the audition tape of you guys playing? Or was it you guys talking about your band?

    Spiderman 3 sucked big time for me... Just the image of Tobey Maguire dancing with eyeliner gives me the shivers.

    Moving eh? Do I smell a dot com? hehehe

    Have fun in Cali!

    6/15/2007 02:01:00 PM  
    Blogger mumshens said...

    oh what happened to Jakey's hair!? but that adorable smile actually got my attention first before his crooked bangs.

    Good luck on the AI:Band, hope you'll get in and win!

    Moving? is this something to do with work? ;)

    6/17/2007 05:29:00 AM  
    Blogger Analyse said...

    a movie? together? wow, that's great! frenchguy and i saw the same movies too, separately.. while inside the plane.. pathetic parents, we are!

    rsb's smile is just cute. great you captured it.

    6/24/2007 06:31:00 AM  
    Blogger NOYPETES said...

    Hello Kat! Congratulations on your 6th wedding anniv., and to your band's success. You put Vidal Sassoon to shame with your li'l tykes haircut! The caption for your kid's photo should say.."That was you mom!..don't blame it on my stinky diaper"...I will be in SFO with my bikee buddies the same weekend you're there! Watch out for Pinoy on bikes roaming the streets of SFO. Cheers!!

    7/05/2007 10:42:00 AM  
    Blogger Elaine said...

    yay! i didn't even know you were in a band!! i'm checking it out right now...and if you guys make it to american idol, the band! i'm voting for ya!!

    oh and the whole crashing into a pole thing? don't feel bad, i can't tell you how many times I've curbed my car...hard...and then looked around hoping no one saw it because you know they're all like...'oh its because she's asian...'

    7/15/2008 06:10:00 PM  
    Blogger Elaine said...

    um i just realized this is an old post. from like a year ago.

    i'm an idiot.

    7/15/2008 06:12:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    who is kat?

    a wanna-be rockstar with mediocre guitar skills | mom to rockstar baby | guitarist in a band | 30 but not grown-up | this is all about my musings. music. motherhood. and mayhem.

    -View 100 things about me

    more about kat


    categories


    more snapshots

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from katdlr. Make your own badge here.



    hit these up


    hit these up too


    my archives



    etc.