It's a little less than a month before my *gasp* 30th birthday! I am officially not going to be 'twenty-something' anymore. Ye gods. The years have just gone by it seems. I don't mind... that much. '30' is the new '21' after all! In light of my upcoming b-day, I'm going to post a few '30-related' entries within the next few weeks. Here's the first one:
30 Things About Me (1-15)
- I am so happy to be a momma! Rockstar baby is quite possibly the best addition to my life (aside from marriage and all that fun stuff). He's the most beautiful baby ever with rockstar hair and everything.
- I am terrified of getting crows-feet around the eyes! I may not wash my face every night, but I sure put on eye cream religiously.
- I am HTML-illiterate: it took me forever to fix this freaking template and now, it looks just like my old template with different colors. Gah! (And don't even say anything about the archives).
- I paid off ALL my credit card debt! Well, not counting the new balance that's staring me in the face right now, but that's because...
- I am broke at the moment. As in I have no salary, no savings, nothing. I am getting by with the help of the hubs and my parents, and yes, the credit cards (if I really have to buy something which totally negates #4). Damn. I feel more like a 13-year old than almost 30!
- Today, I ate 5 cookies, a choco-taco, 1 Crunch stick, and a mini chocolate scone. Oh and a frappucino.
- But I now weigh my 'normal' pre-pregnancy weight.
- And I can fit back into my Seven jeans! (granted, I can't breathe, but you gotta pick your battles).
- I'm sad that my friend Trish is moving to Georgia in exactly 1 week!
- I'm not a very confident person, but I am proud that:
- I survived childbirth (feeling most of the pain, as I only got to have 3 hours worth of epidural-bliss).
- I passed the bar exam in 2 states in one try (NY and NJ).
- I graduated from an all-women's college and have a degree from an Ivy League University.
- That I played at legendary CBGB's with my band (although it was not one of our better shows).
- And we are in the middle of recording a demo. We laid down the drum beats last week. I'm so excited!
Labels: musings/personal stories