Odds and Ends
I don’t have something specific to write about, so I thought I’d throw in a whole bunch of odds and ends together:
- I had a few friends over for poker this past Saturday. I’m a big fan of Texas Hold ‘Em, however, it doesn’t seem to be a big fan of me as I constantly lose! Heck, I even had a full-house at some point but by then, there was only 2 people in the game and everyone else folded. I need to work on my strategy. I luurve that game!
- I had a massive migraine yesterday. I went to bed all chilly with a migraine and woke up with one. The pain even spread down my neck. I certainly did not feel good. I’m okay today but still feel slightly nauseous. I hate migraines!
- Spring is here! The weather's getting warmer! Plus, since we’re an hour ahead again (due to Daylight Savings Time), it’s actually sunny when we wake up and sunny when we leave work! I love spring since it means I can finally put away the thick winter coat and start busting out the skirts again. My spring and summer ‘uniform’ is a skirt and tank top (or a skirt and shirt) plus flip-flops.
- My new goal is to start jogging in the mornings at least 2x a week (in addition to cardio at the gym). I’m going to Miami again for our anniversary and I want to look hot for the hubs. I have to face the fact that I will never have a 6-pack, but I can at least try to get rid of the spare tire around my middle so it’s easier to suck in my gut.
- Every time I think I’m over the whole body-issue thing, something inevitably comes up and I’m back to whining about not being skinny. I just want to get more toned and muscular and reduce my body fat to 20%. That's not too much to ask, isn't it? Well it is if I continue to eat ice cream every night and snarf down 3 cupcakes in one day.
- I so want to watch Sin City! I used to peruse through this comic (but not read it) and found the graphics absolutely stellar! I am also excited about the following films coming out this summer: Star Wars Episode 3; Fantastic Four; Batman Begins; War of the Worlds; and Kingdom of Heaven.
- We owe taxes again this year. What gives! #&$@! I thought owning a house supposedly makes your taxes go lower! We owe the government money even though I already give them most of what I make. I wish I made more money so I can save more money. My parents’ 30th wedding anniversary is coming up and would love to give them a gift such as a cruise somewhere or throw a huge party for them. I can’t quite do that since I don’t have the funds yet. I can't split the costs between my brothers either since one is still in college, and one just entered high school! But I do plan on treating my parents to dinner along with some of their friends. So I’m saving up some cash for May.
- I just realized that I'm a comments-whore. I like reading comments on my blog but hardly get any. I know I'm not writing an intellectual treatise here nor do I have anything controversial to say, but it's nice to get some feedback now and then. As my friend Ray says: don't be a blurker!
- Eating a candy bar. Shite. Almost ate the whole thing in less than 3 minutes! Have 4 squares left. Must have willpower and not eat the whole thing!
- I really dig watching bands. The next shows I want to watch are: Bloc Party, The Bravery, Controller Controller, and Keane. Of course, all of them are sold out right now and the only tickets I have are to Controller Controller's show. I'll work it out somehow.
Speaking of Bands….
Friends have asked me time and time again when my band is going to play. We were actually set to play this month but things are slowly unraveling at this point. We haven't practiced in a while, partly because 2 of us were on holiday. However, even before I left for my holiday, we started having issues with our bass player. She hasn't shown up for the past 3 practices and didn't even call to explain. Finally, she did send an e-mail out saying her grandmother was sick and that she was stressed out. Of course, we told her to take some time and that we understood. But that was 2 weeks ago. Since then, we've e-mailed her asking if she needed more time to just do her own thing and just to let us know where we stand. She hasn't gotten back to us. So we don't know how her grandma is, how she is, or how she feels about us. Bottom line is that we're left in the dark. My bandmate thinks we should just start fielding out for new bassists just in case. I'm inclined to think she's right since the bassist has been ignoring us. We don't want to pressure her if she's having a family crisis; all we wanted was an e-mail or a call saying something like "I can't deal with the band for a month or something" or "I still want to be in the band, I just can't play for another 2 weeks or so." We just want something definite, you know?
We haven't got anything done and it feels like we're stuck in a rut. I would definitely love to start playing out at gigs, but I feel we're going nowhere. We just got a new drummer in January, and now we have to get a new bassist? Talk about starting from scratch. I guess we'll just have to take it day by day.