Confessions of a Chocoholic
I gave up chocolate for Lent. This is the first Lent that where it’s been more than a week and I haven’t cheated. Chocolate is a big part of my life. I eat it everyday. Not just almost everyday. I mean EVERYDAY. Some of my favorite chocolate treats are:
- Godiva’s Roasted Almond Truffles
- Neuhaus’ Chocolate Pralines
- Lindt’s Truffles
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate-covered Marzipans
- Anything involving chocolates, hazelnut cream, praline, almonds.
- My mom’s peanut butter hot chocolate made with Antonio Pueo chocolate.
- Homemade hot chocolate made with Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate Mix
- Forbidden Chocolate ice cream from Friendly’s with Peanut Butter Topping
And the list goes on…
As for desserts at any restaurants, I am always partial to anything with chocolate. I’m especially fond of the Chocolate Tasting Platter at Aquagrill; Hazelnut Mousse from Café Lalo (which I can actually have because there is no chocolate in it); Chocolate Thunder from Down Under from Outback; Mud Pie Mojo from Cold Stone Creamery; Chocolate Mud Pie from any restaurant; Hot Fudge Sundae’s…. the list goes on and on.
Man. I’m drooling. I would so love a Frozen Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate from Seredipity’s right about now. Oh, and a Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks. Or an Iced Mocha. Or a hot Mocha for that matter.
The first thing I’ll have on Easter Sunday is Starbucks’ new Chantico –a 6 oz. cup of chocolatey goodness. Cannot wait to try it! Cannot wait to have it! *drool* :P~~~