I think about 60% of me can be described as your quintessential "girly-girl." As in, the kind of girl who likes to shop; look all dolled-up; act "proper"; follow the rules; screams at bugs; doesn't know much about football (the American kind), basketball, or baseball; plays with make-up; etc, etc. Of course, I'm not like that all the time, and I like to think that I can be a "guy's girl." While I may not know a lot about popular sports, I can kick yer arse in snowboarding (aka riding). I have a scar on my left shin from the time I attempted to do a table-top trick at Hunter Mountain. Here are my other "guy's girl" qualities:
- I like watching extreme sports (skating, riding, skiing, surfing, etc.) and I like watching robots battle it out. Yeah. Bring it on.
- I love watching action/sci-fi flicks. Some of my fave flicks are: Leon (aka The Professional); Total Recall; Terminator 1 & 2; Goodfellas; Underworld; Akira; Pulp Fiction; Braveheart; Gladiator; Kill Bill Vol. 1; and movies w/ ninjas, samurais, kung-fu fighters; sword-wielders; all over the place.
- I love to eat and I eat/try anything (except lamb & goat and derivatives thereof). Picky-eaters annoy me at times. It's exasperating when they dismiss a dish and say they don't like it when they don't even want to try it. Just eat the darn thing. It's not going to kill you.
- I burp. Loudly and proudly. Especially after a great meal (or just a meal in general).
- I like porn. Yeah, I said it. But not the girl-on-girl kind. It just doesn't do it for me. (But I hate hip-hop videos where all you see are dancing hoochies. I am disgusted with them. Go figure.)
- I think these women are hot (some I even consider beautiful): Natalie Portman (one of my fave actors); Angelina Jolie; Jessica Alba; Eliza Dushku; Naomi Watts; Mila Kunis; Beyonce; Catherine Zeta-Jones (when she was in Zorro, her beauty heyday); etc.
- I'm not into "romantic-comedies." I didn't say I don't watch them, because I do. But I'd rather wait for the DVD, or go only because a bunch of my other gf's want to see it. I can live without seeing them. I can only name 4 romantic-comedies I truly dig: Notting Hill; 50 First Dates; Bridget Jones (but mainly cuz of the book); and...hm, I don't really know a fourth, actually. Oh wait! "Four Weddings and a Funeral" would be the 4th.
- I don't do the whole calorie-counting/diet thing. I always say I'm going on a diet, but in reality, I don't really care or go on one. Like I said, I love to eat. I just don't have any willpower. *sigh*
That's all I can think of at the moment. Okay, I admit they are not the best guy-type qualities nor should we really classify habits/hobbies/likes & dislikes into "masculine" or "feminine." But I think y'all know what I mean, right?
Weekend in Pictures
Thought I'd post a few pics from what I did this past weekend.
The Party Posse (peace out to Bryan)
Point Pleasant Beach
Me Staring at the Sea