Inspired by Toni's Wifely Steps, today's blog is about some of my life experiences/milestones thus far:
10 Years Ago, I...
- Lived with a classmate's family in Los Angeles, CA while my parents & siblings moved to Queens, NY. (I stayed behind to finish high school).
- Played guitar in a garage band with my then-boyfriend and friends.
- Was a Goth-punk dresser (not in the extreme) and lived in my Doc Martens.
- Was the Editor-in-Chief of my school paper.
5 Years Ago, I...
- Graduated from college with a BA in Sociology.
- Signed a lease for an apartment in the Upper West Side.
- Decided to enroll in law school.
- Reunited with a friend from junior high. She became my roommate.
3 Years Ago, I...
- Got married with many of my relatives from the Philippines in attendance.
- Moved from Manhattan to an apartment in Fort Lee, New Jersey.
- Landed my first waist-high rail while snowboarding. Kick-ass!
- Hosted my first Christmas party.
A Year Ago, I...
- Received a job offer for my DREAM job!!
- Tried surfing for the first time.
- (Along with the hubs) closed on my very first home in Fort Lee, NJ.
- Partied with my cousins in Hong Kong at our cousin's wedding.
This Year, I...
- Went back to Los Angeles in June to visit old friends.
- Gained 7 pounds so far since working in this office.
- Painted our dining room red.
- Joined a band.
- Went to the gym before work! (gasp!)
- Practiced DJ-ing/spinning with my friend to prepare for my first gig on Tuesday.
- Made up a song to try out with the band.
- Went to bed at 11 pm. My earliest bedtime in a looong time.
- Went to the gym before work! (Trying to make it a habit).
- Stayed strong and refused to go on our 3-pm ice cream break.
- Had a meatball sub for lunch.
- Am going on a dinner date with the hubs.
Tomorrow I will...
- Go to the gym in the morning. Try to squeeze in a pedicure somewhere.
- Go to the Spanish Consulate to pick up my visa.
- Go meet up with my friend to buy more records.
- Head to Cape May with the hubs.